Tuesday 13 August 2013

PRACTICAL 4

When we first heard that we had to choose a company that we were to work with, we first thought it was a joke as how were we supposed to approach a random company and ask if we could advertise for them when we have no qualifications. The first day after we formed our group, we immediately went down to different shops close to Singapore to begin asking. I was not surprised that many had turned us down. We went back home and decided on a few that was further away but had a higher chance for us to be able to work with them. The day we went to Ned's Crepe was the day we were very happy. As they were ready to work with us.

We are very lucky to have an understanding consultant and manager to work with. When we were busy with our other assignments, they understood and gave us more time for us to plan our ideas for the company. Even when our ideas were not the best, the consultant stepped in to help us improve on our ideas. When we went down to try the Crepe the manager was nice enough to let us eat the Crepe for free. My group and I appreciate their kindness and understanding that they showed to us. It is amazing how what we learn in class can be immediately implemented on a real company and see the effect on it. How a young group of students can make a small positive impact on a company just by applying what is being taught in class.


I contributed to this project by contacting the manager and consultant through text and emails. For example when we wanted to meet them, I would ask them if they were free or when we wanted some feedback on the posters, I would email them asking about it. I posted a video on the Facebook page on how a crepe was made in another country. Even though I cannot really use Photoshop that well or take good pictures, so I contributed by staying up with syafiq into the night when he was doing the poster and gave him some images that he could use for the poster. For the national day poster i gave him the idea of getting the discount from wearing red and the giveback to children in the children day poster.

For the reward card, I gave him the idea of using the letters used in the name Ned's Crepe for the back of the reward card. During the video recording, I helped Syafiq take a video from another angle and helped him take care of his lenses and whenever he needed them. For the presentation slides, I helped by checking on the language used and correcting it when necessary. Also checked if the flow of the slides was alright. This may not be a huge contribution but this is the best of my capabilities that I can give to my group members and to this project.

I had a splendid time working with this group even though we had our small misunderstandings here and there. It was a fruitful and an unforgettable experience. Hope to have more of such opportunities in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. thank you verghese always help me to correct my grammer mistakes=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verghese, I had a great time working with you, we always tend to joke a little when we are together! Thank you so much for helping out to contact both the manager and consultant! You also taught of places to meet to accommodate both parties. You came up with various implementations that were really interesting and I liked most of it!

    ReplyDelete